Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Open Letter to my Telugu Brothers

I was born in Andhra Pradesh. Ever since I was a kid, I was told to love "Telugu Talli". I did. I loved her like a mother. Today she died.

After I finished my masters in the US and decided to come back, I came back to Andhra Pradesh. I did not even think of any other place. Then people started telling me that Andhra Pradesh was not a single state. The Telangana people and Andhra Pradesh people were different and that the Andhra people had cheated Telangana. So,now I had doubts about what my motherland was. Still I continued to do whatever I could in my capacity to help my motherland.

Today, finally, some unrelated people sat behind closed doors and decided to break Andhra Pradesh and hence I ended up living in a place which is not my Motherland. So now, I am in a place which is not my own. And its not just me. Its lakhs of people like me.

So, first of all, congrats to my Telangana brothers. If I have in any way been in the way of a Telangana brother and stopped his growth, I apologize for that. For my Andhra brothers, the following are some of my thoughts.

  1. Let us pray and hope that we do not get more people like KCR who will end up breaking us further into Rayalaseema and Andhra for their own personal gains.
  2. From reports, it looks like we will have 10 years to setup our state. Let's save money and do all we can to contribute to the betterment on Andhra.
  3. We have a chance to start afresh. Let's plan our capital properly. They have not yet declared a capital. This must be the first time anywhere that a new state is formed with no decision on the new capital. Does not matter. Whatever city is chosen, let's do our best to help build it.
  4. Eminent people from different fields currently in Hyderabad should think about how they can help our new state. I am good at teaching and currently I am in the software field. From my side, I promise that I will teach some courses in an Engineering college in Andhra Pradesh and try to inspire students. Similarly, I promise that I will mentor and if possible, setup a software company in a city in Andhra Pradesh.
  5. For the next few years,we should visit more places in Andhra Pradesh and try to improve the tourism revenue.
  6. We should not allow our leaders to show the division as the cause of problems in the future. They will use any excuse to cover their faults.
Most importantly, we need to stick together and choose correct leaders.



2 comments:

  1. Nice article sir, my view is just as your's. I feel bad that we will be first South Indian's who have single mother tongue and yet fought against separation and that makes us look very bad and I feel like almost my family is broken into 2 pieces..and KCR is long distance uncle who started this fight in my family for his personal gain by using my brothers from T-region. I used to feel proud of my state and my language and I am now ashamed because of these politicians... But I am happy for one reason that there will be no more fighting on name of this T state issue, or at least I hope so, and we can concentrate on developing both regions separately which is what we can do from now rather than fighting for unnecessary causes and hurting ourselves more.

    And needless to say, I am always available to you on achieving your plans for helping our Telugu community (Andhra or Telangana) :)

    Lastly, I will stick to my slogan "Jai Telugu Talli" which I used to luv saying this... and I will continue saying so through out my life :) .... not Andhra or Telangana Talli.. what ever these politicians define....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand the emotion that are attached with this decision of new state and Sir, I like the way you are turning the emotions in to hopeful state and the best we can do even after the division.

    KCR might be the reason for the division but the neglected part here is many of the Andhra politicians even supported him at one time or the other and no one really cared about this at the time.

    Let us make another best state or capital with mutual help which should stand at par with all the capitals in India.

    ReplyDelete